#AceFinanceNews – MOSCOW – May 13 – Russia’s Foreign Ministry believes that the US decision to impose anti-Syrian restrictions against the Russian bank Tempbank is “absolutely unacceptable”, ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said in a statement Tuesday.
“We would like to remind the American side once again that the language of sanctions is useless and counter-productive with Russia.
Should the administration keep following the vicious path, this will negatively affect our joint work on Syria and the general atmosphere of Russian-American relations that are not going through the best times now,” Lukashevich said.
WASHINGTON(VOA) May 08 – The United States on Thursday for the first time slapped sanctions on a Russian bank for its dealings with the Syrian government, which has been engaged in bloody three-year civil war with opposition forces.
The U.S. Treasury put Tempbank, a Moscow-based bank, on its list of sanctioned entities, which effectively cuts the bank off from the U.S. financial system.
The Treasury also put sanctions on an official in the bank, Mikhail Gagloev, six Syrian government officials and two Syrian refinery companies, Banias and Homs.
Syria’s President Bashar al-Assad has been using Russian banks to access world markets, but the United States had in the past resisted imposing sanctions on the banks, ……………. despite pressure to do so from U.S. lawmakers.
- U.S. slaps sanctions on Russia’s Tempbank for Syria(nation.com.pk)
- U.S. sanctions Russian bankers who helped supported Assad regime(worldtribune.com)
- Inclusion of Cuba in US list of terrorism supporters unmotivated – Lukashevich(en.itar-tass.com)
- PressTV: Russia imposes fresh sanctions on US, Canada(jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Russia imposes fresh sanctions on US, Canada(uprootedpalestinians.wordpress.com)